Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I LOVE IT...

...when a plan starts coming together.

I've been collecting inspiration for the baby's room & hopefully this week we'll get the go ahead on the new addition. Which means the kids won't have to share a room. Which means I can start planning a little girl's room!

I already have in mind what I want to do for Levi's room. Eric Carle inspired - complete with some framed prints of his illustrations. Using this bedding (for his big-boy bed):


Matching that teal green for the walls. And a couple other special touches I'll talk about later.

So - for the baby's room... inspired by this print I bought a while back. (Before we were even pregnant!)



I'm picturing this cream/orange rug:



A mural similar to this on the wall by the changing table:



And draped panels around the crib like this:



Now to choose bedding & we'll be good to go! I can't wait to start!
(Even though I'll have to wait. Quite a while actually - until construction is completed on our new master suite... so we can start the whole musical chairs from room to room. Not looking forward to that part as much.)

I'll keep you posted.
xoxo

No comments: