Saturday, March 6, 2010

Hubby Love


I love my husband. For many, many reasons. Not the least of which, is the fact that he takes the time and forethought to plan date nights for us. Last night was an especially fun one. It was a surprise for me... which I love. We started at Fearings, and all I can say is Y.U.M. It was seriously one of the best meals I've had. Ever. It included things like BBQ tenderloin and chicken fried lobster tail (only in Texas) and buffalo (no vegans here) and chocolate malt ball cake (no diets here either). I can't wait to go back. Amazing service, fantastic food, great wine, and of course good company.
Just as we were walking in, the hotel concierge met us at the door and handed Matt an envelope. I knew we had another 'event' after dinner, but this secret hand-off only heightened my curiosity to say the least! When we left dinner and made our way downtown it clicked that we were going to the Meyerson. I just didn't know who we were there to see until Matt filled me in... Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra, with Mr. Wynton Marsalis. Talk about music. Well, you can't talk about good jazz music without dropping the name 'Marsalis'. Music is one of those things to me, like air. I have to have it. I've played the piano since I was about 8 years old. So I sit in awe of amazing musicians such as those. Total and complete awe.
Thanks for an awe-inspiring evening honey, from beginning to end.
I love you.
xoxo


photo: Clay McBride

No comments: