Friday, October 16, 2009

'I'll eat you up, I love you so.'


(You have to suffer through the commercial first.)


You saw your first movie today. Well, you heard more than you saw. You were asleep for the most part. I wanted to see it because it's a great children's book & I was curious how it would be interpreted for the big screen. I can't imagine anyone besides Spike Jones having that honor. It totally lived up to my expectations. I think I had a new perspective on the story now too, since having you; since being a mom... especially to a son. I knew I would love you. That was a given. I just had no idea of the depth and breadth and length and weight and capacity and volume of that love. It's overwhelming to the point of tears sometimes. The happiest kind of tears ever shed.

No comments: