Saturday, October 2, 2010

This Weather...






...makes me want to be outside. That's kind of a rare thing for me. It typically requires allergy pills & kleenex. Today we had a good excuse though. Not only was it amazingly beautiful weather, it's the anniversary of the day we got engaged. Three years ago today, we were marinating in our happiness & looking forward to a future together. Little did we know then, all the trials & tribulations that these three years would drop on us. Much less, all the boundless joy. And how can you really appreciate the good, without the bad?

We strolled around the Cottonwood Art Festival for a while this morning. One of my favorite artists was Stephanie Rubiano. The process by which she created these one of a kind boxes is mesmerizing to me. I love the mix of art and science. I really want one of those winged beauties. For now I might have to settle for a homemade version of my own. Using this little beauty...

2 comments:

meganmk said...

It is a great time of year to get engaged! Jason and I got engaged the weekend of the Red River Shoot Out in2000... But it was the 7th. i love October! We met, were engaged and then married in October. :). And you cant beat the weather...except the weed pollen..so i hear ya...it is killin me!

Jennifer Christy said...

Those look like fun to make and Levi would be a great inspiration! Cute.