Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Storybook House





My friend, Carissa, told me about this place & by her description, I knew it would be worth checking out. I'm so glad we did! We didn't make it for story time, as the baby required more beauty sleep today than usual. But I still wanted to swing by.
All I can say is, GO. NOW. OFTEN.
The guy there (manager? curator? Scott?) was super nice & helpful. At one point Levi knocked the head off of one of the silver animal statues sitting on the floor & I gasped, thinking we had just purchased one very expensive piece of yard art. Luckily, we hadn't been the first to dismantle it, and Scott quickly reapplied it without scoffing.
*Whew!*
They have a wonderful children's book selection, as well as artwork from various children's book authors/illustrators. I wish I had a million dollars & I'd buy some. As we walked around, I thought of being there maybe 7-8 years prior, for a gallery walk with my girlfriends. Hot night out on the town. Little did I know then, that I'd be back one day. With my hot little baby. Life is funny that way.

1 comment:

Carissa Byers said...

Ha ha, I was just telling Daniel that I thought it was crazy to have those expensive, but amazing lamp sculptures around the storybook area where babies are crawling about with abandon!

I told Margot and Penn that the big one is $4000 and unless they had $4000 they should not touch it. I got lucky and they didn't touch it, ha. Good to know though, that you can just screw those suckers back together.