Friday, July 9, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!


Dearest Baby Levi...

You're not such a baby anymore. I can't believe how fast this year has flown. This time last year, we were told it was time for you to come out & meet us - about 6 weeks before we expected you! It was a shock, but we couldn't wait. You were so tiny Baby. But you were strong! All the doctors & nurses took such good care of you. It was so hard for Mama to have to visit you in the NICU & to leave the hospital without you. It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. We visited you multiple times a day until you were big enough to come home. 3 weeks after you were born, we were able to scoop you up & bring you with us. It was the happiest day. You were only 3lbs when you were born & only 4lbs when you came home. Daddy & I were so careful with you because you seemed so fragile. You quickly proved to us just how tough you were. You grew & ate & slept & pretty soon, you were actually ON the growth charts. You've been surprising us ever since. You are so smart & funny & sweet & more than we could have ever asked for. I hope you've had a good introduction into the world Baby. I gave you one of my favorite books today. I hope we read it together often, so you can always remember, 'there's only one you in this great big world. Make it a better place.'



Happiest ever 1 year Baby!
I love you,
Mama

No comments: