Saturday, May 29, 2010

Elvis




No, not the blue suede shoes Elvis. Elvis Costello. We saw him perform last night with the DSO. We were in the cheap seats... which I actually prefer. You feel like you're right there in all the action. And he was considerate enough to turn around quite often. Which he didn't really need to do, because his voice carried in that place like he was sitting in our living room. In fact, at the end he moved away from the mic & just played his guitar & sang a song by himself, and you could have heard a pin drop. It was easily one of the best shows I've seen. And I've seen a lot of shows in my day. Luckily, I was blessed with parents who had absolutely no musical talent of their own, so they often took us to see people who did. I've been seeing live music, in great venues, since I was all of... hmmm 12? I don't really remember how old I was, but my 1st show was Barry Manilow at Reunion Arena. Followed by Kenny Rogers, The Osmonds, Alabama, Whitney Houston, and progressed (or improved) from there accordingly.

Anyhow.... last night. Seeing an amazing singer/song writer/musician, play his hits & some new songs with a full orchestra is - breathtaking. It made me miss playing the piano for sure. And reminded me of the importance of exposing Levi to music from an early age. He'll be going to great shows soon too. I wonder who he'll look back on & remember as his 1st concert. I know who it'll be if his daddy has anything to do with it. We'll see.


No comments: